Friday, January 2, 2009

awww...sugar!

I've had so much to eat in the past two weeks that I can almost watch the fat cells swelling on my flying squirrel upper arms and wibble-wobble thighs. It's bittersweet really. You see, I'm on a mission to eat any damn thing I want until I get back to North Carolina, at which point the holidays are Officially Over and I have to make good on my personal decision to do a detox and get rid of my beloved sugar and dairy. The next couple of days are my sweet tooth's last hurrah.

I do love my sweets. My mom's pecan pie topped with a fat pile of vanilla ice cream heads the list of favorites, but this year's Christmas bonanza cornucopia has also dumped in my growing lap some rather lovely butter toffees and a seemingly endless assortment of cookies.

But yes, it is high time for me to bite the bullet and stop wallowing in my recent pregnancy as an excuse for my fatness. It's time to get rid of the excess baggage. I need exercise. I need less food in general, but definitely less dessert. Yes, I am breastfeeding, but no, I am not breastfeeding an army of babies -- just one fat one.

So here's the plan: On Monday morning I officially stop eating anything with refined sugar or dairy until the following Sunday night. I will do a one day juice and tea fast to kick off the week, then eat only whole grains, legumes and raw or steamed fruites and veggies for the rest of the week. After that, I'm going to eat only a small snack for breakfast and try to generally consume less (esp. sweets!) until I lost the extra 20lbs I've been lugging around for the past 5 months.

So...wish me luck. Will power is not my forte. But it's a change I owe myself.

No comments: